Protection against legionella
DK-DOX® chlorine dioxide is a highly effective disinfectant for swimming pools, drinking and industrial process water. Chlorine dioxide solution is mixed easily on-site by the end user and is directly added, for example, to swimming pool water. Chlorine dioxide is an excellent alternative to chlorine for water treatment. It avoids the disadvantages of chlorine like irritation of mucous membranes and harmful environmental effects. Chlorine dioxide is more stable and cheaper to produce than other disinfectants.
Recently developed and patented DK-DOX® method allows producing an appropriate, stable, aqueous chlorine dioxide solution in compliance with Drinking Water Regulations. DK-DOX® has outstanding disinfection properties and is more stable than chlorine dioxide produced by conventional methods. In addition to the chemical advantages DK-DOX® offers a high level of user and consumer friendliness.
Advantages of DK-DOX® chlorine dioxide
- Outstanding bactericide with sporicidal, viricidal and algicidal properties.
- Sustained bacteriostatic effect with breakdown of microbiological deposits in pipe systems (biofilm cracker). It removes the biofilm and prevents the subsequent re-contamination with legionela bacteria in hotwater systems.
- No formation of halogenated substances such as trihalo compounds (trihalomethanes THM), chlorophenols, AOX compounds and chloramines in drinking water.
- More powerful and faster sterilization effect compared to chlorine.
- pH dependent oxidation power up to 2.5 times the oxidation power of other disinfectants such as peracetic acid, hydrogen peroxide, chlorine bleaching liquor, chlorine. Thus lower addition rates.
- At 20° C a chlorine dioxide concentration of 0.5 mg/l is sufficient to kill yeast, lactobacillus brevis (dairy products), pediococcus damnosus (beer, wine), megasphaera sp. and pectinatus cerevisiiphilus within a minute.
- Lower costs compared to disinfection with peracetic acid or chlorine products.
- Disinfection is independent of pH over wide pH range (stable in aqueous liquids between pH 6.5 and 9.5), thus constant disinfection is guaranteed.
- Deodorizing properties.
Application of DK-DOX® chlorine dioxide
DK-DOX® is a two components system. A liquid and a solid component produce chlorine dioxide on-site right before application. The solid component is dissolved in water, most easily by filling up the delivered container with tap water. This solution is put into the container of the liquid component. After 24 hours reaction time a fresh solution containing chlorine dioxide is ready. Different to finished solutions containing chlorine dioxide, DK-DOX® can be stored for at least 5 years, and also as a mixture DK-DOX® remains fully effective for several weeks. DK-DOX® is pH-neutral. The final product is chloride, with production of chlorite reliably avoided due to the special composition of DK-DOX®.
Areas of application
- Swimming pools
- Drinking water
- Bottle washing
- Air condition
- Cooling towers
- Beverage, brewing and food industry
- Water treatment on boats and ships